Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gear Review: Shimano Sienna FD Reel



If you are like me, spending $100 or more on a reel is a bit out of reach.  With 3 children under the age of 5, I'm not left with a lot of money for fishing gear.  I do however, want quality gear and tackle that is affordable.  Sometimes that is difficult to find though.  Until I stumbled upon this reel.  I needed a reel for inshore fishing, that would stand up to the saltwater and wanted smooth operation.  The price was ideal at $30.00, so I bought the 2500 FD.  My first one worked flawlessly, but sank into the Bay on my kayak disaster.  I immediately bought a replacement and a 4000 FD.  It has a graphite frame and aluminum spool that is approved for saltwater use. As you would expect from any Shimano product, it works flawlessly.  The Sienna comes in 500, 1000, 2500 and 4000 sizes for any application.  Works equally well with Mono or Braid too. So if you are looking for an inexpensive, but quality reel, take a look at the Shimano Sienna series. So far it has been the best reel at this price point I have ever used.  It definitely isn't a Stradic or Sustain, but the price is way more affordable than those options, for those of us that are on a budget.  

D.S
#HOOK1KFG

No comments:

Post a Comment