Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kayak Rigging, Anchor Trolley System

Kayak fishing, just like any other hobby that we all seem to get into, has an endless amount of upgrades and accessories that can be installed. Since there are so many options out there, I've decided to start a series of blogs covering one upgrade/accessory at a time. If there is something specific that any of you want to know about send me a message and I'll write about it. In this post I'm going to cover a very important accessory, an anchor trolley system.

An anchor trolley system, while not absolutely necessary, is a very important system for your kayak. It allows you to get in the best position to catch more fish. If you are in a body of water that flows or in windy conditions, this system is a must. I've been out in windy conditions without an anchor and it was a huge pain. I spent more time paddling into position than I did fishing. After that I purchased an anchor to use. That was better, but I could only tie it off in the middle of my kayak. No matter how I did it, I could never get my kayak to face the direction I needed it to. So I purchased and installed an anchor trolley. What a huge difference it has made. I can position myself exactly how I need, so I can catch those big ones. 

I would say an anchor trolley system is one of the best upgrades that you could make on any kayak to improve fishability. You can purchase this entire system from HOOK1 Kayak Fishing Gear




D.S
    

No comments:

Post a Comment